Monday, May 19, 2008

Forget-me-not

Why have I chosen to sign my posts as Forget-me-not? The simplest reason is that I typically choose some flower name for myself, and when prompted for a name, I went outside and saw the beautiful forget-me-nots in the garden where I just took this picture. Ultimately, of course, I associate myself in some way with the flower I choose. This association is quite straightforward - as I look ahead to changing my job, changing my language (from Swedish to German) and changing my country of residence (Sweden to Switzerland) I'm hoping that I won't be entirely forgotten by the friends and colleagues I leave behind. My many previous moves have already resulted in my friends being located worldwide. This time, the move will be accompanied by my two boys also moving to new countries: the oldest, Daniele, will spend his third year in the physics program at Cambridge, and the youngest, Alessandro, will relocate with his father to Florence where he will start high school (gymnasium, as it's known in Nordic countries). My own move is actually not that imminent, being probable in late fall.

No comments: