Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dreams

It's been a year now that I've been contemplating finding a new job somewhere and moving. Even though I nearly have a job offer in Zurich, I don't actually have it yet. I suspect it's been the reason for the dreams I've been having where the recurring theme is trains and planes and me running to catch them but typically ending up taking them in the wrong direction while forgetting in the meantime what my destination was. On waking I'm usually tired and confused.
Last night's dream was fairly typical, but with an unusual twist. While running to catch the tram that would take me to the airport, the large travel bag I was carrying broke its zipper. Out popped multitudes of miniature penguins. The more I scooped them up and put them back, the more they popped out again and I was losing precious time. The dream finished as usual: I got to the airport but ultimately missed the flight because I couldn't remember which flight I was supposed to be on.

No comments: