Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cambridge: planning

Daniele will soon be off to Cambridge for his year as an exchange student from Uppsala University. After a busy summer involving lots of travel with the European Youth Parliament and a month of work at the Ångström lab, he's finally getting ready for his year abroad. Upon discovering the need to ship several boxes of books and other things, we've decided on an alternative method of transport for his things - I will go there myself and bring them. The finances for the decision were straightforward: 1600 crowns to ship a couple of boxes vs 570 crowns for me to fly roundtrip and bring them myself. Of course, the actual cost with public transport and lodging for 3 nights comes to a total of 1700 crowns - pretty darn good, especially considering that I view the trip as a mini vacation. This evening has been spent in all my train/plane/lodgings bookings. Exciting for both me and Daniele!

No comments: